Man's jaw broken in town youth fight
A MIDDLE-aged man is recovering in hospital with a broken jaw after he was attacked by a gang of youths in Ipswich.Police are today hunting the teenagers responsible for the serious unprovoked assault on Friday night.
A MIDDLE aged man is recovering in hospital with a broken jaw after he was attacked by a gang of youths in Ipswich.
Police are today hunting the teenagers responsible for the serious unprovoked assault on Friday night.
The 44-year-old was walking down Back Hamlet towards the town at 11.15pm when he was approached a gang of 15 youths hanging about on the footpath.
As the man tried to make his way through the group – one of the gang swung him around.
You may also want to watch:
The victim fell to the floor and was kicked in the head and face several times. He was left with a broken jaw.
The group of youths were both male and female and aged between 14 and 15 years.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 8 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 9 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
DC Lloyd Stewart, who is investigating the case, said: "This was a particularly nasty unprovoked assault.
"The area was fairly busy with cars driving by at the time and I am appealing for anyone with any information to come forward."
Calls relating to this incident can be made to Ipswich CID on 01473 – 383133, or to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.