Man's jaw broken in town youth fight
A MIDDLE-aged man is recovering in hospital with a broken jaw after he was attacked by a gang of youths in Ipswich.Police are today hunting the teenagers responsible for the serious unprovoked assault on Friday night.
A MIDDLE aged man is recovering in hospital with a broken jaw after he was attacked by a gang of youths in Ipswich.
Police are today hunting the teenagers responsible for the serious unprovoked assault on Friday night.
The 44-year-old was walking down Back Hamlet towards the town at 11.15pm when he was approached a gang of 15 youths hanging about on the footpath.
As the man tried to make his way through the group – one of the gang swung him around.
You may also want to watch:
The victim fell to the floor and was kicked in the head and face several times. He was left with a broken jaw.
The group of youths were both male and female and aged between 14 and 15 years.
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 3 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
DC Lloyd Stewart, who is investigating the case, said: "This was a particularly nasty unprovoked assault.
"The area was fairly busy with cars driving by at the time and I am appealing for anyone with any information to come forward."
Calls relating to this incident can be made to Ipswich CID on 01473 – 383133, or to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.