Man's rape allegation withdrawn
A MAN who told police he had been raped in a toilet block in Ipswich has withdrawn his allegation.The 44-year-old man claimed he was attacked in South Street at about 6pm on August 14.
A MAN who told police he had been raped in a toilet block in Ipswich has withdrawn his allegation.
The 44-year-old man claimed he was attacked in South Street at about 6pm on August 14.
Officers are now working with the appropriate organisations to ensure that the man receives ongoing support and care.
A police spokeswoman said: "We would like to remind people that 'stranger rape' is a rare crime.
You may also want to watch:
"People can feel safe either at home or about in the county although sensible precautions should always be taken.
"Personal safety leaflets can be obtained from your local police station."
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Plans to close A14 truck stop slammed amid driver shortage
- 9 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road