Man caught with £115k worth of anabolic steroids in Ipswich avoids prison
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A 26-year-old man has been handed a suspended sentence after being caught with £115,000 worth of anabolic steroids when he was stopped by police in Ipswich.
Artur Mierzwa, of Hawthorn Road, Kingsnorth, Ashford, was driving a VW Golf on London Road, Ipswich, when he was stopped by officers from the Suffolk police’s Sentinel team on patrol.
He was instructed to stop at the park and ride at Copdock Interchange and a search of the car revealed £115,000 worth of anabolic steroids along with a paring kitchen knife, scissors and a screwdriver.
Mierzwa was arrested and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He appeared at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on August 28 this year charged with possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply and possession of a knife. He pleaded guilty to both charges on November 5.
You may also want to watch:
Appearing for sentence at Ipswich Crown Court today, Mierzwa has given a 16-month prison term, suspended for two years. He also has to complete 160 hours unpaid work.
- 1 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 2 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 3 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 6 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 7 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 8 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
- 9 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 10 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid