Man still clings to life after fall at rear of shop
A man police want to speak to in connection with an attempted burglary in Ipswich town centre two weeks ago is still fighting for his life in hospital.
The 42-year-old was found with head injuries at the rear of outdoor clothing store Hawkshead in the Buttermarket on December 10
Donna Johnston, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary last night described the man’s condition as “critical” .
He is currently being treated in Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
Paramedics who gave the man first aid at the scene originally took him to Ipswich Hospital following what appeared to be an early morning fall.
Last week police confirmed they were planning to talk to him in connection with an attempted burglary. Officers were called at around 4.45am from a key holder at Hawskhead after a burglar alarm went off.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 4 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 5 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 9 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
- 10 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed