Man to appear in court over drug charges
A FELIXSTOWE man will appear in court this week after police raided his greenhouse and seized several giant cannabis plants.John Shiress, 59, of Wadgate Road, has been charged with cultivation and possession of the drugs.
By Richard Cornwell
A FELIXSTOWE man will appear in court this week after police raided his greenhouse and seized several giant cannabis plants.
John Shiress, 59, of Wadgate Road, has been charged with cultivation and possession of the drugs.
He will appear before magistrates sitting at Ipswich on Wednesday October 30.
Five cannabis plants, each between five feet and six feet tall, were recovered from a greenhouse after police from Felixstowe with back-up from the Operational Support Group raided the premises.
The swoop, part of the ongoing Operation Crackdown campaign to tackle drugs supply and misuse, was carried out on September 13.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 7 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant
- 10 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
n Anyone with information about drug dealing in their area can call the Suffolk police Crackdown hotline on freephone 0800 253 253.
If the information is specifically about drugs in Felixstowe people can call Felixstowe police on 01473 383311.