Man waits for child sex charge verdict
A 22-YEAR-OLD Ipswich man will have to wait until next week to discover if a jury believes he is a paedophile.David Miller, of Packard Place, Bramford has denied indecent assault and two charges of indecency with a child relating to two boys aged between eight and 13.
A 22-YEAR-OLD Ipswich man will have to wait until next week to discover if a jury believes he is a paedophile.
David Miller, of Packard Place, Bramford has denied indecent assault and two charges of indecency with a child relating to two boys aged between eight and 13.
Christopher Harding, defending Miller, said his client had a "genuine friendship" with the boys and had not entered the friendship to satisfy his sexual desire.
He told the jury that although they may not like Miller after hearing the evidence it was not a reason to find him guilty.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "A WPc said she did not like that 21-year-old Miller had an argument with a 12-year-old boy and smashed a telephone in temper. But it is not a case of whether you like him or not, only if after considering all the evidence in this case you are sure of his guilt then you must return a verdict of guilty."
During the trial the court heard that Miller made hundreds of mobile phone calls and text messages to one of the boys.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 4 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 5 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 6 New special school planned for former BT site
- 7 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 8 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 9 Trains to and from London cancelled amid flooded railway
- 10 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
The court heard that Miller allegedly asked one of the boys to touch him over his trousers, held one of the boy's private parts while he was asleep and exposed himself to the boys.
The trial continues after the weekend.