Man who was ninth person arrested in connection with serious Foundation Street incident has been bailed
- Credit: Archant
The ninth person to be arrested by police in connection with an incident in Ipswich last month has been bailed.
Police arrested a 30-year-old man from Ealing on suspicion of assisting an offender, after a vehicle failed to stop for police on the northbound A12 on January 2. He has now been bailed to return to police on 28 February.
This brings to nine the number of people that have been arrested in connection with the incident in Foundation Street on December 18.
Police were contacted by the Ambulance Service around 10pm following reports of two seriously injured men in the street.
The men were taken to hospital in a critical condition. Both are now recovering.
Eight other people are on police bail pending further enquiries.
Two men from Ipswich aged 48 and 57 who were arrested shortly after the incident in the early hours of December 19 have been bailed to return to police on February 27 this year.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 3 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 4 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 5 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 6 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 7 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 8 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 9 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 10 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
A 24-year-old man from Ipswich was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder late on December 19. He has been bailed to return to police on March 2.
On December 20 two others – a 33-year-old man and a 41-year woman, both from Ipswich, were detained.
The 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder while the 41-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
They have been bailed to return to police on February 27.
Two men from Luton, both aged 20, were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and conspiracy to supply controlled drugs on December 22. They were brought to Suffolk for questioning and have been released on bail until March 6.
A 26-year-old man from Ipswich was arrested on December 28 on suspicion of attempted murder and conspiracy to supply controlled drugs. The man has now been bailed to return to police on February 28 whilst further enquiries are carried out.
Officers are still keen to hear from anyone who was in the vicinity of Blackfriars Court, Foundation Street, Lower Orwell Street or Rosemary Lane in Ipswich shortly before 10pm on December 18.
Any witnesses or anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Suffolk police on 101 quoting crime number 72333/16. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.