Martial arts expert and Kimmi the dog visit Ipswich’s Polish Saturday School
- Credit: Archant
A Brazilian jiu-jitsu expert and a Golden Retriever called Kimmi were special guests at the Polish Saturday School in Ipswich at the weekend.
Alain Pozo, one of the leading jiu-jitsu trainers in the country, met with children at the school to share his top tips on stances and balance techniques.
At the end of the session, Alain rewarded the best students in the group with stripes for their belts.
The children also had a special visit from a Gill, an educational speaker from Blue Cross Suffolk, a charity that rehomes cats and dogs in Suffolk.
She brought along education dog Kimmi to teach them about animal welfare and safety.
You may also want to watch:
The pupils then were given a talk on how to look after their animals and keeping safe around dogs.
Some of the children were shown how to brush Kimmi and later gave her some well-earned treats.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront
At the end of the session, the school handed the Blue Cross a dog agility bench for the dogs to use at its Ipswich centre.