Martlesham neighbours urged to keep windows and doors shut due to gas leak

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called out to Mayfield Lane in Martlesham

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called out to Mayfield Lane in Martlesham - Credit: Google Maps

Residents in a Martlesham street were urged to keep their doors and windows shut due to a gas leak.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service received a callout to Mayfield Lane in the village shortly after 1.30pm on Wednesday.

Crews from Woodbridge, Princes Street in Ipswich and Leiston stations were called to the scene.

The fire service encouraged neighbours in the Mayfield Lane area to not open any windows or doors via social media.

However, firefighters confirmed shortly before 4pm that the gas leak had been fixed and windows were safe to reopen.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter