Martlesham neighbours urged to keep windows and doors shut due to gas leak
- Credit: Google Maps
Residents in a Martlesham street were urged to keep their doors and windows shut due to a gas leak.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service received a callout to Mayfield Lane in the village shortly after 1.30pm on Wednesday.
Crews from Woodbridge, Princes Street in Ipswich and Leiston stations were called to the scene.
The fire service encouraged neighbours in the Mayfield Lane area to not open any windows or doors via social media.
However, firefighters confirmed shortly before 4pm that the gas leak had been fixed and windows were safe to reopen.