Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Police have closed a road in Martlesham while fire crews tackle a nearby blaze.
Emergency services were called to the fire in Bealings Road just before 4.25pm today, Monday, January 17.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said two pumps were initially called to the fire, a third was requested to help deal with the fire.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: "We were called by the fire service who requested the road is closed.
"Officers are on route to the scene now and the road is likely to be closed shortly."
The fire is believed to be in a trailer or a caravan.
The blaze was put out by fire crews by 7.07pm.
- 1 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 5 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 6 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 7 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 8 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 9 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
- 10 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
More to follow.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.