Can you spot yourself in this historic picture gallery of the 1985 World Hot Rod Finals?
- Credit: Archant
It was the day a huge crowd gathered to witness the annual World Hot Rod finals at Foxhall Stadium in Ipswich.
The stands were packed as Ormond Christie won the Championship for the third time, having previously won in 1981 and 1983.
These photos show the action from that day.
The Hot Rod World finals were first held at Spedeworth’s Foxhall Heath Stadium in 1972 and the championship is still an annual event at the Ipswich venue, the hihglight of the annual Spedeweekend.
The 46th editon of the National Hot World World Championships took place on July 7 and 8 this year as Billy Wood became the 28th driver to win the World Championships.
Can you spot yourself or someone you know in this picture gallery from 1985?
You may also want to watch:
Also have you ever attended the event through the years?
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 10 Ed Sheeran self-isolating after testing positive for Covid