Men in court after Shotley drama
FOUR men have appeared in court charged with smuggling illegal immigrants through Shotley Marina.The two Dutchmen, a Frenchman and an Asian man stood before South East Suffolk Magistrates in Ipswich charged with facilitating the entry of illegal entrants on July 12.
FOUR men have appeared in court charged with smuggling illegal immigrants through Shotley Marina.
The two Dutchmen, a Frenchman and an Asian man stood before South East Suffolk Magistrates in Ipswich charged with facilitating the entry of illegal entrants on July 12.
Devinderjit Singh, 41, of Prospect Place, Gravesend, Kent, said through an interpreter that he did not wish to enter a plea. He was released on conditional bail until September 12.
Hussain Abid, 31, of Rue Maurice Bureau, Paris pleaded not guilty. Johan Hoekstra, 25, of Walstraat and Ludwig Kwarten, 26, of The Hague, Holland, did not enter pleas.
You may also want to watch:
Abid, Hoekstra and Kwarten were remanded in custody until September 12 when magistrates are expected to commit the defendants to Ipswich Crown Court for trial.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 4 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 5 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 6 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 7 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
- 8 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 9 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 10 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour