Men wanted by police after Suffolk rave
SIX men are wanted by police today after a rave in the King's Forest, between Bury and Elveden, in Suffolk.Around one hundred officers from Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex were called to break up the rave on Sunday, July 15, after repeated requests for the rave to close down and around one thousand people to leave the forest were ignored.
SIX men are wanted by police after a rave in the King's Forest, between Bury and Elveden, in Suffolk.
Around one hundred officers from Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex were called to break up the rave on Sunday, July 15, after repeated requests for the rave to close down and around one thousand people to leave the forest were ignored.
Sound equipment was seized and five men were arrested at the scene on suspicion of committing violent disorder.
A further two men were later arrested on suspicion of organising an unauthorised licensable event and money laundering.
You may also want to watch:
Six more arrests have subsequently been made in Suffolk and Norfolk for violent disorder, and all thirteen men are currently on police bail.
Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Hudson said: “We urgently need to trace the six men pictured as they may hold vital information which may help us with our inquiries.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
“These men, or anyone with information on their whereabouts, are asked to contact Suffolk Police or Crimestoppers as soon as possible.
“This rave was a large illegal gathering which took place within a Site of Special Scientific Interest, with people from across East Anglia (Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire) and London in attendance.
“It caused significant nuisance to residents and businesses in the area. Anyone found to be organising or attending an illegal rave is breaking the law and will be firmly dealt with.”
Anyone with any information about the six men or the rave should contact DS Dan Connick at Ixworth Police Station on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.