Met Office weather forecast for today
- Credit: PA
Watch the latest Met Office weather forecast for today and tomorrow as the region faces a “cloudy and grey day”.
East Anglia-based Weatherquest said on Twitter: “A cloudy and grey day today, with areas of mist and patchy drizzle, but a few brighter and drier spells are also possible.
“In a mainly light north or northwesterly wind temperatures should peak around 8C.”
Met Office weather forecast for East of England
A mostly cloudy and misty day across the region, with cloud thick enough to give some light rain or drizzle in places. Some patchy fog at first, which may be slow to clear. Maximum temperature 8C.
You may also want to watch:
Staying mostly cloudy and misty with some fog patches. A little drizzle in places, and a touch of frost possible by morning. Minimum temperature 1C.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 7 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 8 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 9 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 10 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
Some patchy drizzle at first, but with mist, fog, and low cloud slowly thinning to give some bright or sunny spells by the afternoon and perhaps the odd coastal shower. Maximum temperature 7C.
Outlook for Saturday to Monday
Some drizzle possible, but the weekend mostly dry and cold with some bright intervals. Rain and strong winds spreading east on Monday, probably clearing later in the day.