Mildenhall: Elderly woman suffers broken arm and head injuries in robbery
A WOMAN in her 70s was left with a broken arm and face injuries after she was robbed.
Police are appealing for anybody who saw what happened in Kingsway, Mildenhall, at about 10.45pm last night to get in touch.
A police spokeswoman told how the 76-year-old lady walked along Kingsway in Mildenhall when she was approached by three men who grabbed her handbag from her.
“The lady sustained a fractured arm, head and facial injuries and was taken to West Suffolk Hospital where she is currently receiving treatment,” the spokeswoman said.
Three men were arrested nearby in connection with the incident.
A 22-year-old man from Brandon and a 21-year-old man from Mildenhall were arrested on suspicion of robbery. A 20-year-old man from Mildenhall was arrested on suspicion of robbery and possession of a bladed article.
All three men are currently in custody at Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 3 Road closed after crash leaves pedestrian injured and vehicle in ditch
- 4 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 5 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 6 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 9 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
- 10 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed this incident. Calls should be made to Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.