Missing John Gladstone from low secure hospital in Ipswich has been found
A man who failed to return to a low secure hospital ward in Ipswich has been found.
John Gladstone, aged 34, was on ‘town leave’ from the ward in Foxhall Road, leaving at 7.30am on Tuesday 1 November.
He had conditions to return to the unit by 3.30pm the same day but failed to do so.
After a week missing, Suffolk police officers were called by a member of the public at 8.20am today reporting a man matching his description being seen walking along the A134 between Culford and Fornham St Martin.
Officers found Gladstone in Fornham St Martin an hour later, where he is now being returned to the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Police thanked the public and media for their help.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 10 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate