Missing man's glasses found
POLICE investigating the disappearance of an 85-year-old man with dementia have today found his glasses.The glasses were discovered lying on the top of a six foot fence in an alleyway near the Wycliffe Baptist Church and Harwich Road in Colchester.
AN 85-year-old man from Colchester who had been missing over night has been found safe and well in a field near to his home.
Police became increasingly concerned for Harold Lloyd after they discovered his glasses on the top of a six foot fence in an alleyway.
Mr Lloyd has early dementia and recently suffered a minor stroke for which he needs medication.
He left his home in the Welshwood Park area of Colchester for a walk around 6.40pm last night and had not been seen since.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex police said he was looking forward to being reunited with his wife because it is his 59th wedding anniversary.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast