Pupils invited to participate in mock trial competition in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren from around Suffolk are being invited to take part in a junior schools’ mock trial competition.
The contest, which is for children in years five and six, will give pupils the chance to act out the various roles involved in the trial process in a real courtroom.
A trophy will be presented to the winners and all pupils involved in the final will receive a memento.
During the competition at Ipswich Crown Court, each school will act out a pre-prepared mock trial script, simulating trial proceedings, with pupils dressing up and playing the roles of the judge, barristers, police officers, jurors, court staff and witnesses.
Scores will be given for each performance with marks awarded for presentation and imagination.
You may also want to watch:
The competition will get underway in September and culminate in a grand final between the two best performing schools at Ipswich Crown Court on March 15 next year.
Entry forms, which should be submitted no later than July 6, are available from Ipswich Crown Court on 01473 228585.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 10 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire