More music heading to town
WHEN it comes to live music it seems Ipswich is becoming the place to be as two more big names announce they are on their way to town. Songstress Gabrielle is the latest new name to be added to the musical line up in town with a date at the Regent on December 1.
WHEN it comes to live music it seems Ipswich is becoming the place to be as two more big names announce they are on their way to town.
Songstress Gabrielle is the latest new name to be added to the musical line up in town with a date at the Regent on December 1.
Meanwhile Status Quo, who are already playing in town this summer, will be returning on November 9 to prove that the end of the year is not the same without a date at the same Regent.
Tickets for both dates are on sale now.
You may also want to watch:
It is now 11 years since Gabrielle's first single Dreams put her into the Guinness Book of Records for the highest entry ever for a debuting female artist. It went on to spend three weeks at number one.
Since then she has enjoyed ten top ten hits, three huge-selling albums, a greatest hits compilation that sold 2.6 million copies worldwide, two Brit awards, two MOBOs and an American Music Award.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 10 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
Her fourth album, Play To Win, is set for release on Monday.
Gabrielle is no stranger to the Regent and was last in town in November 2001. However, her familiarity with Ipswich by no means matches that of Status Quo.
Their sell out concerts at the Regent are becoming an annual affair but such is their fanbase here, they are also able to pack in the crowds at other dates. This year that includes a performance in Christchurch Park on July 24.
Today's announcement about the Gabrielle and Status Quo dates comes as an added boost to an entertainment calendar already overflowing with some of the biggest names in music.
Other acts gracing the Regent stage over the coming months include The Shadows, who are in town today, Will Young and Michael Buble, who will be playing to sell out audiences later this month, Lemar who will be performing to a capacity crowd next month and the Moody Blues in November
On top of this the town is gearing up to welcome Elton John to Portman Road on June 16, Busted to Christchurch Park on July 16 and Westlife to Chantry Park on July 31.
n Status Quo will be at Ipswich Regent on November 9. Tickets cost £26.50. Gabrielle will be at the Regent on December 1. Tickets cost £23.50. All tickets go on sale today and are available at the Central Box Office in Princes Street, Ipswich, by calling 01473 433100 or online at www.ipswich-ents.co.uk