More teams needed for charity boat race
MORE than 20 teams from Suffolk are set to take to the water and raise money for St Elizabeth Hospice in a dragon boat race being held on Saturday.The hospice will be host the event on Saturday June 9 at Alton Water, Holbrook, with a minimum of three races and a grand final being held to decide who wins the dragon trophy.
MORE than 20 teams from Suffolk are set to take to the water and raise money for St Elizabeth Hospice in a dragon boat race being held on Saturday.
The hospice will be host the event on Saturday June 9 at Alton Water, Holbrook, with a minimum of three races and a grand final being held to decide who wins the dragon trophy.
Entertainment will also be laid on during the day including The Huen Kuen Chinese Lion dancers and the Samboomba band.
Entrance is free for all the family so bring along a picnic, blanket and plenty to drink. The Royal Hospital School has organised a fete to coincide with the Dragon Boat Race. This opens at 2pm with stalls and entertainment aplenty.
You may also want to watch:
Patsy Johnson, from the hospice, said: “The hospice wanted to organise a fundraising event with a difference.
“Something that anyone can take part in, with no previous training or experience needed.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 10 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
“Teamed up with the entertainment for friends and family this is a fantastic day out and a great way to raise funds for your local hospice.”
Three boats are still available to teams of 10 people and anyone interested in taking part can contact the hospice on 01473 707005 for more details. Car parking on the day costs £1.50.