Morrisons in Felixstowe launches Foot Long Sausage Roll, believed to be largest in the UK
- Credit: Archant
The half-a-kilogram sausage roll has today been launched at the Morrisons supermarket store in Grange Farm Avenue, Felixstowe.
The sausage roll is served on a special tray that holds its half-a-kilogram weight in the store’s Market Street bakers area.
It is being launched to coincide with the start of the football season and comes after customers said they wanted a bigger version of the traditional British snack.
Kevin Gilbert, store manager said: “We sell hundreds of freshly baked sausage rolls-a-week but customers have asked for one that is even bigger. So we created this foot-long version.
“With the start of the football season approaching, we’re hoping our Foot Long Sausage Roll will be making its way to the top of the snack league table.”
You may also want to watch:
The jumbo-sized sausage rolls costs £1. A Morrisons spokesman said it is believed to be the largest sausage roll currently being sold amongst its “high street competitors”.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood