Motorcyclist who died after crash on A1156 Felixstowe Road named as Duane Cook, 42, of Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist who died after a crash on the A1156 Felixstowe Road yesterday has been named by police as Duane Cook.
Mr Cook, 42, of Kings Way, Ipswich, died after a collision involving a Yamaha motorcycle and a Honda car at around 4.15pm, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance, two ambulances, a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance service officer were called to the incident.
Despite efforts to save Mr Cook, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road was closed from the showground roundabout to the A14 junction while police investigators examined the scene. Straight Road was also closed.
Traffic was sent on alternative routes but motorists caught in the diversion faced long delays at rush hour as traffic which would normally use Nacton Road was diverted to Felixstowe Road because of roadworks.
You may also want to watch:
Officers investigating the collision are asking witnesses to call police on 101, quoting CAD number 286 of March 29.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman added: “Police would also like to thank those who have already passed on information.”
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 9 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 10 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am