Motorist injured in Ipswich road smash
A MOTORIST has been taken to hospital with head injuries today after a collision between a van and a car in Ipswich.The crash, which happened just after 1pm, blocked the Kesgrave-bound Colchester Road for more than one hour and caused long tailbacks.
A MOTORIST has been taken to hospital with head injuries today after a collision between a van and a car in Ipswich.
The crash, which happened just after 1pm, blocked the Kesgrave-bound Colchester Road for more than one hour and caused long tailbacks.
The male driver of a grey Peugeot 205 car, who is thought to be in his late 20s, was taken to Ipswich hospital with injuries that are not thought to be "life threatening".
The front of the Peugeot car suffered extensive damage, while The Evening Star van suffered a smashed headlight and damage to its bumper.
The road was blocked until just after 2.15pm while recovery of the two vehicles was organised and the wreckage of the crash was cleared.
Pc Darren Sargant said he was unable to comment on how the accident may have happened but appealed for witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 4 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 7 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 8 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 9 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 10 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
There were no passengers in either vehicle at the time of the accident.
Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.