Motorist injured in Ipswich road smash
A MOTORIST has been taken to hospital with head injuries today after a collision between a van and a car in Ipswich.The crash, which happened just after 1pm, blocked the Kesgrave-bound Colchester Road for more than one hour and caused long tailbacks.
A MOTORIST has been taken to hospital with head injuries today after a collision between a van and a car in Ipswich.
The crash, which happened just after 1pm, blocked the Kesgrave-bound Colchester Road for more than one hour and caused long tailbacks.
The male driver of a grey Peugeot 205 car, who is thought to be in his late 20s, was taken to Ipswich hospital with injuries that are not thought to be "life threatening".
The front of the Peugeot car suffered extensive damage, while The Evening Star van suffered a smashed headlight and damage to its bumper.
You may also want to watch:
The road was blocked until just after 2.15pm while recovery of the two vehicles was organised and the wreckage of the crash was cleared.
Pc Darren Sargant said he was unable to comment on how the accident may have happened but appealed for witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 6 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 10 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
There were no passengers in either vehicle at the time of the accident.
Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.