Motorist injured in Ipswich road smash
A MOTORIST has been taken to hospital with head injuries today after a collision between a van and a car in Ipswich.The crash, which happened just after 1pm, blocked the Kesgrave-bound Colchester Road for more than one hour and caused long tailbacks.
A MOTORIST has been taken to hospital with head injuries today after a collision between a van and a car in Ipswich.
The crash, which happened just after 1pm, blocked the Kesgrave-bound Colchester Road for more than one hour and caused long tailbacks.
The male driver of a grey Peugeot 205 car, who is thought to be in his late 20s, was taken to Ipswich hospital with injuries that are not thought to be "life threatening".
The front of the Peugeot car suffered extensive damage, while The Evening Star van suffered a smashed headlight and damage to its bumper.
You may also want to watch:
The road was blocked until just after 2.15pm while recovery of the two vehicles was organised and the wreckage of the crash was cleared.
Pc Darren Sargant said he was unable to comment on how the accident may have happened but appealed for witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 2 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 3 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 4 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 5 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 6 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 7 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 8 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Extra police patrols to be carried out in Ipswich following stabbing
There were no passengers in either vehicle at the time of the accident.
Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.