Mourning Red Caps say thank you
COMRADES of the fallen Colchester-based Red Cap heroes shot in Iraq would like to thank the public for their recent support and messages of goodwill.Six soldiers from 156 Provost Company, Royal Military Police were killed while serving on Operation Telic last month.
COMRADES of the fallen Colchester-based Red Cap heroes shot in Iraq would like to thank the public for their recent support and messages of goodwill.
Six soldiers from 156 Provost Company, Royal Military Police were killed while serving on Operation Telic last month.
Captain Dave Thomas MBE, Second in Command of 156 Provost Company, Royal Military Police, said: "We have been overwhelmed by the response from the general public to the sad deaths of six members from our unit. We are extremely grateful for all the messages of support, cards, flowers and cheques that we have received.
"I would, however, ask that if anyone is still thinking of sending money to the unit, to instead send a cheque to our Regimental Headquarters in Chichester where a separate account has been opened for the six families."
You may also want to watch:
People who would like to make a donation are asked to send a cheque made payable to RMP CBF to: Lt Col John Baber MBE, HQ RMP, Roussillon Barracks, Chicester, West Sussex, PO19 6BL.
- 1 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 2 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
- 3 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 4 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 5 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case
- 6 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 8 'I couldn't stop smiling': Kesgrave Kitchen named best Ipswich café
- 9 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 10 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid