Mourning Red Caps say thank you
COMRADES of the fallen Colchester-based Red Cap heroes shot in Iraq would like to thank the public for their recent support and messages of goodwill.Six soldiers from 156 Provost Company, Royal Military Police were killed while serving on Operation Telic last month.
COMRADES of the fallen Colchester-based Red Cap heroes shot in Iraq would like to thank the public for their recent support and messages of goodwill.
Six soldiers from 156 Provost Company, Royal Military Police were killed while serving on Operation Telic last month.
Captain Dave Thomas MBE, Second in Command of 156 Provost Company, Royal Military Police, said: "We have been overwhelmed by the response from the general public to the sad deaths of six members from our unit. We are extremely grateful for all the messages of support, cards, flowers and cheques that we have received.
"I would, however, ask that if anyone is still thinking of sending money to the unit, to instead send a cheque to our Regimental Headquarters in Chichester where a separate account has been opened for the six families."
You may also want to watch:
People who would like to make a donation are asked to send a cheque made payable to RMP CBF to: Lt Col John Baber MBE, HQ RMP, Roussillon Barracks, Chicester, West Sussex, PO19 6BL.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge