Murder inquiry after 20-year-old dies
A MURDER inquiry was under way today as police said they were investigating the suspicious death of a 20-year-old man in Bury St Edmunds.A police spokeswoman confirmed officers were called to an address in the town at 12.20pm.
A MURDER inquiry was under way today as police said they were investigating the suspicious death of a 20-year-old man in Bury St Edmunds.
A police spokeswoman confirmed officers were called to an address in the town at 12.20pm by paramedics, who said that a man had been seriously injured.
The man was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital where he died.
Police have cordoned off the scene and investigations are ongoing. The roads currently affected are Hardwick Lane, Mayfield Road and Home Farm Lane.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust said: “We were called to reports of a cardiac arrest at first in Home Farm Lane, Bury St Edmunds. We took the casualty to West Suffolk General Hospital.”
- 1 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 4 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 9 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
- 10 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring