Murdered - Joan Albert
JOAN ALBERT – This is the most recent of the horrifying murders of which someone has yet to be convicted.Almost five months since the frail 79-year-old was found brutally stabbed to death in her Boydlands home in Capel St Mary, the killer is still at large.
JOAN ALBERT – This is the most recent of the horrifying murders of which someone has yet to be convicted.
Almost five months since the frail 79-year-old was found brutally stabbed to death in her Boydlands home in Capel St Mary, the killer is still at large.
But the incident room is still open on the case and police are continually following up lines of information from the hundreds of calls that have been received.
Around 20 people were originally drafted in to work on the case but now as the investigation gets stepped up further around 30 officers are following up inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Albert was found in her home on the morning of December 16. She died from multiple stab wounds inflicted with one of her own long-bladed kitchen knives.
Living alone with her pet spaniel, Mrs Albert had spent hundreds of pounds on security systems after living in fear of vandal attacks by youngsters in the area.
- 1 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 4 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 5 Diesel trains from Ipswich to get fuel delivered by road
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 New River Church opens its doors on Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Church ripe for homes conversion is under offer
- 9 Revealed: Waterfront flats to be wrapped in 'breathable' material while cladding replaced
- 10 Ipswich student sets sights on UFC after binge-watching Rocky films