Murdered - Karen Hales
KAREN HALES – a 21-year-old mother died after being stabbed and then set on fire.She was found by her father with her 18-month old daughter Emily wandering around in the flames – she almost certainly witnessed her mother's violent death.
KAREN HALES – a 21-year-old mother died after being stabbed and then set on fire.
She was found by her father with her 18-month old daughter Emily wandering around in the flames – she almost certainly witnessed her mother's violent death.
The attack happened at her Lavenham Road home on November 21, 1993.
Her brutal murder led to a huge police hunt with more than 1,400 lines of inquiry being followed up.
You may also want to watch:
As with Doris Shelley, see below, the murder was featured on Crimewatch but no-one has ever been convicted for the crime.
Karen's family launched a scathing attack on Suffolk police who they claim botched up the investigation.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 4 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 5 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 6 New special school planned for former BT site
- 7 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 8 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 9 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 10 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
But the man in charge of the case, Detective Superintendent John Saunders, vowed that he would never rest until Karen's killer was caught.
As information coming in slowed up, the investigation was scaled down but the case still remains open.