FREE theatre tickets are on offer to people willing to provide feedback on the service they receive and in turn help a theatre's development.The New Wolsey Theatre in Ipswich is running its Mystery Shopper scheme throughout the new season and is searching for theatre-goers to take part.
By Jo Macdonald
FREE theatre tickets are on offer to people willing to provide feedback on the service they receive and in turn help a theatre's development.
The New Wolsey Theatre in Ipswich is running its Mystery Shopper scheme throughout the new season and is searching for theatre-goers to take part.
In return for being invited to see productions free of charge, the mystery shoppers must be prepared to attend monthly briefings to talk about their experiences.
You may also want to watch:
"We have made a lot of changes in the last 12 months – many in response to mystery shopper feedback," explained head of marketing Andrew Burton.
"We'd especially like to hear from young people, people who are new to the area, people from a variety of cultural backgrounds and people who don't usually set foot inside a theatre."
- 1 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 5 Man, 20, to face trial over £1,500 drug haul
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 8 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 9 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 10 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
This is the New Wolsey's third panel of mystery shoppers and while they can select the shows they want to see, they are encouraged to try new things.
The informal monthly meetings provide an opportunity to comment on all aspects of their New Wolsey experience, from initial contact with the box office to post-show drinks in the bar.
Anyone interested in becoming a mystery shopper is asked to write to Andrew Burton at the New Wolsey Theatre, Civic Drive, Ipswich, IP1 2AS or email firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30 and explain how your age, background or interests make you an ideal candidate.