FREE theatre tickets are on offer to people willing to provide feedback on the service they receive and in turn help a theatre's development.The New Wolsey Theatre in Ipswich is running its Mystery Shopper scheme throughout the new season and is searching for theatre-goers to take part.
By Jo Macdonald
FREE theatre tickets are on offer to people willing to provide feedback on the service they receive and in turn help a theatre's development.
The New Wolsey Theatre in Ipswich is running its Mystery Shopper scheme throughout the new season and is searching for theatre-goers to take part.
In return for being invited to see productions free of charge, the mystery shoppers must be prepared to attend monthly briefings to talk about their experiences.
"We have made a lot of changes in the last 12 months – many in response to mystery shopper feedback," explained head of marketing Andrew Burton.
"We'd especially like to hear from young people, people who are new to the area, people from a variety of cultural backgrounds and people who don't usually set foot inside a theatre."
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 4 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 5 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 6 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 7 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 8 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 9 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction
- 10 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
This is the New Wolsey's third panel of mystery shoppers and while they can select the shows they want to see, they are encouraged to try new things.
The informal monthly meetings provide an opportunity to comment on all aspects of their New Wolsey experience, from initial contact with the box office to post-show drinks in the bar.
Anyone interested in becoming a mystery shopper is asked to write to Andrew Burton at the New Wolsey Theatre, Civic Drive, Ipswich, IP1 2AS or email firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30 and explain how your age, background or interests make you an ideal candidate.