Names of two road death victims released
TWO people who lost their lives on Suffolk roads have today been named.Motorcyclist Daniel Martin from Winchester Way, Ipswich was killed on Wednesday night when he came off his bike on London Road.
By Jessica Nicholls
TWO people who lost their lives on Suffolk roads have today been named.
Motorcyclist Daniel Martin from Winchester Way, Ipswich was killed on Wednesday night when he came off his bike on London Road.
And Portugese foreign national Manuel Simoes, 38 was killed while walking along the A14 at Haughley Bends on July 6.
You may also want to watch:
A 94-year-old man also died on Wednesday when he was dragged 50 feet along the road under a 15-tonne lorry.
The loss of these lives brings the death toll on Suffolk's roads to 21 this year.
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 4 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 10 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
Biker, Mr Martin was believed to have been travelling out of Ipswich when the crash happened at around 9pm on Wednesday.
The 32-year-old was certified dead at the scene of the crash and diversions were set up around Scrivener Drive and Sprites Lane while paramedics tended to him.
No-one else was injured in the accident and the exact details of what happened are still not known.
Tragedy once more hit Haughley Bends, which has been the scene of so many fatal accidents, when foreign national Manuel Simoes was killed two weeks ago.
He died when he was in collision with a camper van at the accident blackspot near Stowmarket on the east bound carriageway in the early hours of the morning.
A pensioner also died after he was involved in a collision with a 15 tonne delivery lorry in Sudbury and was dragged for more than 50 feet beneath its wheels.
The accident happened at around 3.40pm in a service car park at the rear of the Winch and Blatch store in Hamilton Road.
A fast response paramedic crew and two ambulance crews were called to the scene to treat the man who was believed to be aged 94.
He was airlifted to West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St. Edmunds but had suffered multiple injuries and died.
Police said the man will not be named until his next of kin have been informed.
Anyone with information about any of the incidents is asked to contact Suffolk police's traffic unit on 01473 613500