‘I just love rocking out’ – Nandi, 9, on drumming success
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich drumming sensation Nandi Bushell is taking her newfound fame in her stride as she rocks out to crowds in her hometown.
The drumming star performed a one-off gig at the new Argos store in Sainsbury's Upper Brook Street yesterday - treating crowds to Simple Minds' Don't You (Forget About Me) - which she played in the Christmas advert.
Speaking before her performance, Nandi said she is loving her success, but is staying grounded as she "just enjoys the drumming parts".
The primary school pupil said: "I'm excited to rock out today and cut the ribbon.
"I just love playing and letting everything out."
You may also want to watch:
Nandi, who has more than 80,000 followers on Instagram, previously hit the headlines when she appeared on The Ellen Degeneres Show last year, in what she described as her "best day ever".
More: Ipswich drumming sensation Nandi stars on Ellen showShe said: "The Ellen Show was really fun, playing drums in front of all the people and being in the studio was really cool."
In her appearance on the show, Nandi performed Nirvana's In Bloom, receiving a huge applause from the audience. She also spoke about Beatle Ringo Starr, who inspired her to take up drumming when she was just five years old.
- 1 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 2 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 3 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 4 Father and daughter racially abused by dog walker
- 5 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents
- 6 Plans for 190 homes on edge of Ipswich 'poorly conceived' say councillors
- 7 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 8 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 9 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 10 What is the strange hum being heard in Ipswich?
When asked about what she wants for the future, the youngster replied: "I want to play all instruments, I want to become a musician and I want to have my own band too."
The star has also featured in the 2019 Christmas advert for Argos, following her appearance in a John Lewis advert in 2018.