New cafe at popular Suffolk beauty spot
- Credit: Mid Suffolk District Council
A new cafe and visitor centre is to be built at Suffolk's popular Needham Lake beauty spot - in a bid to draw even more people to the popular tourist attraction.
The site is already one of the county's best countryside attractions and home to a variety of wildlife.
The new cafe and visitor centre, built by SEH French Ltd, "will not only enhance the visitor experience but will also add to Needham Lake’s already great reputation", said Julie Flatman, Mid Suffolk District Council's cabinet member for communities, health, and wellbeing.
The new building has been designed to complement the surrounding natural environment and includes green features such as solar panels, sustainable drainage and air source heat pumps.
It will be run by the team behind the popular Cabbages and Kings café at The Mix, in Stowmarket, and offer a seasonal menu of refreshments, snacks and hot meals, as well as ice-creams and cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Keith Myers, manager of Cabbages and Kings, said: "Over the summer we operated a refreshment kiosk and enjoyed getting to know many of the regular visitors.
"We are looking forward to welcoming residents and visitors to enjoy the new café facilities.”
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 3 Stunning home worth nearly £1m nears completion at Felixstowe Ferry
- 4 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 7 Suffolk police officers make television debut in Fast Justice programme
- 8 Man who 'bombarded' schoolgirl with sexually explicit messages spared jail
- 9 Pubs praised after first weekend opening post lockdown
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints