New chief at County Hall
MIKE More is the new chief executive of Suffolk County Council.Mr More, who is currently the council's director of resource management, takes over from Lin Homer who is about to move to Birmingham City Council – the largest local authority in England.
MIKE More is the new chief executive of Suffolk County Council.
Mr More, who is currently the council's director of resource management, takes over from Lin Homer who is about to move to Birmingham City Council – the largest local authority in England.
Before coming to work in Suffolk three years ago, Mr More was Head of Finance with Cambridgeshire County Council.
Mr More said: "I'm thrilled to be taking on the challenge of improving the quality of life for people living in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
"It is already a great place to live, and it's exciting to think I will be leading a team committed to making it even better, building on the successes and achievement we have enjoyed in the past five years.
"The council is ambitious for further improvement and that is what makes it such an exciting challenge."
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Dog mess thrown at Ipswich bakery staff in 'nasty' attack
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 7 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 8 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 9 'Large stones' thrown at lorry from A14 bridge near Ipswich
- 10 Is Babergh Council the 'neighbour from hell' in planning?