New comedy on the way
LAUGHTER is at the very top of the menu as a new comedy club gets ready to launch itself in Ipswich.Restaurant and bar D-Place, in Cardinal Park, will play host to the weekly hilarity and shenanigans with the fun kicking off on September 4.
LAUGHTER is at the very top of the menu as a new comedy club gets ready to launch itself in Ipswich.
Restaurant and bar D-Place, in Cardinal Park, will play host to the weekly hilarity and shenanigans with the fun kicking off on September 4.
Every Wednesday T'he Comedy Club , which runs similar nights across the region, will bring three acts from the UK comedy circuit with the promise of some rib tickling and side splitting.
Helping launch the new club will be top comics Kevin McCarthy, Phil Butler and Ian Stone.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin McCarthy, aka The Man With The Beard, is one of the biggest acts in the business which gives him justification to call himself "the world's most successfully cured anorexic".
He has appeared across the country performing stand-up to audiences ranging for children at primary schools to tens of thousands of bikers at the annual Bulldog Bash – and he makes them laugh every time.
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Man, 20, to face trial over £1,500 drug haul
Meanwhile Phil Butler is regarded as one of the undisputed stars of British comedy. Today's twenty-somethings will remember him as the erstwhile host of Saturday morning kids show Run The Risk while others will be familiar with him as a result of his appearances on food and chat show Late Lunch.
It is in the live arena, however, that Phil is at his best with a riotous act of visual and verbal comedy.
Completing the line up is Ian Stone who has been a regular guest on many of the top televised comedy shows including Gas, Just For Laughs and the Stand-Up Show. And though his comic delivery may be laid back, his observations guarantee to have the audience in stitches.
T'he Comedy Club is at D-Place in Cardinal Park every Wednesday night from September 4. Doors open at 8pm, or 7pm for those enjoying dinner at the venue as well. The show starts at 9pm.
Tickets cost £7 to members and £8 for non-members and can be bought in advance by calling 01473 219455. Free membership is available on the night.