New face to look after Waterfront
IPSWICH'S ever expanding riverside area will continue to develop under the watchful eye of a newly appointed waterfront project officer.Former borough council events manager James Young has stepped in to oversee the future growth of the former dockyard.
IPSWICH'S ever expanding riverside area will continue to develop under the watchful eye of a newly appointed waterfront project officer.
Former borough council events manager James Young has stepped in to oversee the future growth of the former dockyard.
Mr Young's primary objectives are to coordinate development for residents and businesses while raising the profile of a continually widening community.
By forging links with the town centre he hopes the two areas of Ipswich will join together to improve the town's already resilient economy.
“I want to encourage new businesses to come to the waterfront and work closely with existing waterfront residents like Dance East and UCS,” said Mr Young.
“It's an amazing development down there and there are a lot of things to be positive about which are in some respects taken for granted. It was only a short time ago that the whole waterfront site was virtually derelict.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 8 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 9 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 10 New Sports Direct still expected by mid-2022 in Ipswich town centre
“With so many people involved, it's about working together with the same focus in a not particularly prosperous economic environment.”
Do you welcome the appointment of a waterfront project officer? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com