New gym planned for site next to Aldi at Rosehill Centre in Felixstowe Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Two significant new developments are likely to get the go-ahead from Ipswich Borough Council’s planning committee next week.
Councillors are being recommended to approve the creation of a new gym at the Rosehill Centre off Felixstowe Road – next to the new Aldi store and the Co-op’s food store.
The unit was originally proposed to be a new base for the Co-op funeral service or a non-food shop.
The council officers’ report says this would not be in line with official planning policies for the area, but could help improve the viability of the centre.
It is owned by the East of England Co-operative Society.
Officers are also recommending that councillors grant permission for the conversion of offices in Wykes Bishop Street, close to the Waterfront, into 12 flats.
It would have an extra floor built on the top and would be turned into eight studio flats, three one-bedroomed flats and one two-bedroomed flat.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 4 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 5 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 6 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 7 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 8 Mum's food saving mission rehomes 1,500 sausage rolls and cuts monthly bill
- 9 Ipswich family's visa nightmare leaves them fearing separation
- 10 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
It was originally part of the new development that went up on the old gasworks site about 15 years ago as part of the employment element of that work.
The council’s planning and development committee is meeting to discuss the applications on Wednesday.