New head for Co-op
IPSWICH and Norwich Co-op has a new boss.Richard Samson will take over as chief executive on the retirement of William Brown later this year.Mr Samson, currently Chief Executive of the Heart of England Co-operative Society, has over thirty years' experience of co-operative retailing.
IPSWICH and Norwich Co-op has a new boss.
Richard Samson will take over as chief executive on the retirement of William Brown later this year.
Mr Samson, currently Chief Executive of the Heart of England Co-operative Society, has over thirty years' experience of co-operative retailing.
In his current position, which he has occupied for nearly nine years, he has made a significant contribution to the progress of the Society, which has now achieved seven successive years of record profitability.
Commenting on his appointment Mr Samson said "I am delighted to have the opportunity to join the Ipswich and Norwich Society - one of the largest and most successful co-operatives in the country."
The Ipswich and Norwich Co-op operates a wide range of businesses across Norfolk, Suffolk and North Essex including food and department stores, a large processing dairy, the Sterling Motor Group, pharmacies, opticians and funeral services.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 4 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 5 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 6 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins to for Town
- 9 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 10 New military shop opens in Sailmakers selling Christmas gifts
Turnover last year exceeded £273 million.
Richard Samson, aged 51, was born and raised in Glasgow. He is married with one daughter. It is expected that he will take up his new position at Ipswich in October.