New head for Co-op
IPSWICH and Norwich Co-op has a new boss.Richard Samson will take over as chief executive on the retirement of William Brown later this year.Mr Samson, currently Chief Executive of the Heart of England Co-operative Society, has over thirty years' experience of co-operative retailing.
IPSWICH and Norwich Co-op has a new boss.
Richard Samson will take over as chief executive on the retirement of William Brown later this year.
Mr Samson, currently Chief Executive of the Heart of England Co-operative Society, has over thirty years' experience of co-operative retailing.
In his current position, which he has occupied for nearly nine years, he has made a significant contribution to the progress of the Society, which has now achieved seven successive years of record profitability.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on his appointment Mr Samson said "I am delighted to have the opportunity to join the Ipswich and Norwich Society - one of the largest and most successful co-operatives in the country."
The Ipswich and Norwich Co-op operates a wide range of businesses across Norfolk, Suffolk and North Essex including food and department stores, a large processing dairy, the Sterling Motor Group, pharmacies, opticians and funeral services.
- 1 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Receptionist spent 40 days and nights living in Ipswich animal shelter
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
Turnover last year exceeded £273 million.
Richard Samson, aged 51, was born and raised in Glasgow. He is married with one daughter. It is expected that he will take up his new position at Ipswich in October.