New head for Co-op
IPSWICH and Norwich Co-op has a new boss.Richard Samson will take over as chief executive on the retirement of William Brown later this year.Mr Samson, currently Chief Executive of the Heart of England Co-operative Society, has over thirty years' experience of co-operative retailing.
IPSWICH and Norwich Co-op has a new boss.
Richard Samson will take over as chief executive on the retirement of William Brown later this year.
Mr Samson, currently Chief Executive of the Heart of England Co-operative Society, has over thirty years' experience of co-operative retailing.
In his current position, which he has occupied for nearly nine years, he has made a significant contribution to the progress of the Society, which has now achieved seven successive years of record profitability.
Commenting on his appointment Mr Samson said "I am delighted to have the opportunity to join the Ipswich and Norwich Society - one of the largest and most successful co-operatives in the country."
The Ipswich and Norwich Co-op operates a wide range of businesses across Norfolk, Suffolk and North Essex including food and department stores, a large processing dairy, the Sterling Motor Group, pharmacies, opticians and funeral services.
- 1 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 2 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 3 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 4 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 5 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 6 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 7 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 8 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 9 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 10 Ipswich MP renews support for food van fighting council's plans
Turnover last year exceeded £273 million.
Richard Samson, aged 51, was born and raised in Glasgow. He is married with one daughter. It is expected that he will take up his new position at Ipswich in October.