New home for restaurant
A NEW restaurant with an old name is helping the regeneration of Ipswich's docklands.Mortimers on the Waterfront is no longer on the waterfront, it has moved round the corner to Duke Street.
A NEW restaurant with an old name is helping the regeneration of Ipswich docklands.
Mortimers, on the Quay, is no longer on the waterfront, it has moved round the corner to Duke Street.
But owner Ken Ambler, is certain the new premises will be more than satisfactory for all his customers.
He said: "We're absolutely delighted with the new restaurant. Most people will know the building as a tramway terminal or a sub-station for Eastern Electricity.
"But we've restored the building to its former glory. We've installed 1,300 panes of glass and created an atrium-feel in the centre.
"It is a beautifully light and airy place in which to eat."
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 9 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 10 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
Mr Ambler said the new space had enable the restaurant to introduce a no-smoking section.
Other new features include an outdoor terrace, split-level dining and a front-of-house café-bar.
The bar will operate as a coffee shop in the morning and a wine bar in the evening.