New police lead on missing teen
POLICE searching for missing teenager Luke Durbin say they are 90 per cent sure he was spotted in a car just days after his disappearance.Luke, 19, went missing after a night out in Ipswich on Thursday May 11.
POLICE searching for missing teenager Luke Durbin say they are 90 per cent sure he was spotted in a car just days after his disappearance.
Luke, 19, went missing after a night out in Ipswich on Thursday May 11.
Officers have received a number of calls from members of the public following appeals last week and say it seems likely he was in a dark blue Renault - possibly a Megane - in Woodbridge at around 11.30am on Saturday May 13.
A man matching Luke's description was seen by friends in the car which had stopped at traffic lights near the Turban Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Police are keen to trace the driver of the car, said to be a black man possibly in his mid 20s to 30s, and are urging him to contact officers as soon as possible.
Meanwhile officers say they now know that Luke was trying to get home in the early hours of Friday morning after leaving the Zest nightclub.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
They are asking anyone who may have been approached by him for a lift, or who picked him up a hitchhiker between Ipswich and Woodbridge.
Police have followed several lines of enquiry since Luke's disappearance including viewing CCTV footage, distributing flyers, helicopter searches along routes he may have taken, phone and bank checks and checks with taxi firms.
Luke is described as white, 5ft 10ins, of slim build, with short mousy-coloured wavy hair and blue eyes.
When he disappeared he was wearing a black or grey long-sleeved collared shirt, blue jeans and brown suede shoes.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 01473 613500.