New supermarket on Waterworks site
THE regeneration of an old Waterworks site in Stowmarket will be complete after construction of a new supermarket.There is already a 6,500 sq ft office building at the 1.
THE regeneration of an old Waterworks site in Stowmarket will be complete after construction of a new supermarket.
There is already a 6,500 sq ft office building at the 1.8 acre site at the corner of Station Road and Bury Street.
Nick Bould of the developers, Boden Properties, said: "This is good news for the people of Stowmarket and the surrounding area – in addition to new employment opportunities this development will provide greater choice and more competitive food shopping".
"It will also see the completion of our very successful partnership agreement with Mid Suffolk District Council to regenerate almost two acres within the Conservation area of the town centre".
You may also want to watch:
"We expect to be announcing the operator shortly and the store should be open by Spring of next year."
In December 2000 the partnership between Boden and Mid Suffolk achieved the first stage of their agreement to provide training and business centre space with the opening of Stevens House.
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 3 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 6 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 7 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 8 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 9 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 10 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
The building is let to West Suffolk College providing high quality computer, management and training needs for the people of Stowmarket, with space available to let to by up and coming businesses.