'Swich on Summer festival launched in Ipswich at new Theatre Square
- Credit: Peter Hazelwood
Ipswich's New Wolsey Theatre has launched its new autumn season of shows at the first weekend of the summer-long 'Swich On Summer festival that is also launching its new setting on Civic Drive.
Three days of entertainment in the new Theatre Square which also highlighted the new NW2 theatre centre that has built during the pandemic helped to bring life back to the area.
And there will be outdoor fun in front of the main theatre entrance for the next three weeks as well.
The theatre's 2021 autumn season was launched - it starts with the 1980s musical extravaganza Never Lost at Home which celebrates the best Ipswich Town side most people can remember - the 1981 UEFA Cup team - and the hit music of the time.
It continues through to the traditional New Wolsey Rock 'n' Roll Panto Jack and the Beanstalk.
You may also want to watch:
Both the panto and Never Lost at Home will be live-streamed with tickets available for home viewing from the end of this week.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 3 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 6 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 7 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 8 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 9 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 10 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich