New York service announced
AMERICAN Airlines have today announced a New York service from Stansted airport. The service, scheduled to start on October 29 will operate daily, increasing to twice daily from March 2008.
AMERICAN Airlines have today announced a New York service from Stansted airport.
The service, scheduled to start on October 29 will operate daily, increasing to twice daily from March 2008.
The route will be operated by Boeing 767-300 aircraft, with capacity for 221 seats including 30 new business class.
Nick Barton, business development and planning director for Stansted Airport, said: “This is fantastic news for Stansted,
You may also want to watch:
”We are the UK's third largest airport, one of the top 50 in the world, so its fitting that the world's largest airline has recognised the growth potential from here to develop its links to London.
“We've been in discussion with a number of airlines keen to tap into the long haul opportunities from Stansted, and have been quite open that future links to the USA and Asia are in our sights; so we're delighted to be finally talking openly about one of those developments and look forward to supporting American Airlines as they prepare to launch their services from here.”
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 10 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault