No new leads in hunt for Luke
LUKE Durbin's desperate mother today said there had been no new leads in the hunt for her son since reports he had been seen in London last month.Nicki Durbin travelled to the capital last week after reports her 20-year-son had been seen by former classmate Lisa Blaxell on March 3.
LUKE Durbin's desperate mother today said there had been no new leads in the hunt for her son since reports he had been seen in London last month.
Nicki Durbin travelled to the capital last week after reports her 20-year-son had been seen by former classmate Lisa Blaxell on March 3.
She spoke to the homeless community in the West End, where Miss Blaxell believes she spotted Luke, and visited hostels and businesses in the area to raise awareness of Luke's disappearance.
As reported in The Evening Star last week, Miss Blaxell of Fountain Road, Rendlesham reported a sighting of a man she is 80 per cent sure was Luke to police.
She said the man, who made eye contact with her, walked past her outside the Aldwych Theatre in Drury Lane.
Ms Durbin, of Coronation Avenue, Hollesley, has now spoken to Miss Blaxell but said since last week's reports the trail has gone cold.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 8 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 10 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
She added: “I absolutely believe that Lisa believes she saw him - she seems such a lovely girl.
“Whether it was him or not she thinks she saw him and I am so grateful she came forward.
“My worry is that someone else thinks they see him and doesn't do anything.”
Ms Durbin said her visit to London last week did not unveil any new details of her son's whereabouts.
She added: “I spoke to the homeless people in the area and they all said they are a tight community and if he is homeless they don't think he is from that area. They were fantastic but no one recognised him.”
There was further disappointment for Ms Durbin after an appearance on Radio 2's Jeremy Vine show on Wednesday failed to provide any new sightings of her son although there were 6,500 hits on the website and lots of people left messages and sent e-mails.
Ms Durbin said she is likely to return to the capital again in her search for Luke but doesn't know where to start the search as the city is so vast.
Luke was last seen in the Buttermarket area of Ipswich about 4am on May 12, 2006.
Anyone with information about his disappearance should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or the National Missing Persons Helpline on 0500 700700.
Do you have a message for Luke's family? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.