Norwich: Murder probe launched
A murder enquiry has been launched following the death of the man assaulted in Norwich.
Officers were called to the Chicagos nightclub, Prince of Wales Road, at about 2.25am on Friday following reports a man had been assaulted outside the venue.
The 43-year-old victim was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where he has sadly subsequently died of his injuries.
Six men arrested in connection with the incident remain in police custody. They are two 30-year-olds from the Milton Keynes area, a 36-year-old, a 27-year-old and a 37-year-old from the London area and a 43-year-old man.
Enquiries are ongoing but officers are renewing their appeal for information and would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the assault.
Detective Chief Inspector Neil Luckett, who is heading the investigation, said: “It was a particularly busy time of night in an area frequented by hundreds of pub and club goers. We would therefore like to speak to anyone who believes they may have witnessed the altercation which has sadly led to the death of the victim.
“No matter how insignificant you may think the information is we would still like to hear from you.”
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 3 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 4 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 5 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 10 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Chief Inspector Neil Luckett at Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.