Norwich Road in Ipswich blocked after crash involving motorbike and car
- Credit: �Archant Photographic 2010
Drivers are facing long delays heading in and out of Ipswich town centre this morning after a car and a motorbike collided on Norwich Road near the Springfield Lane junction.
Norwich Road is partially blocked and traffic is slow in both directions.
The motorbike rider, a man in his 30s, sustained minor injuries and was taken to Ipswich Hospital as a precaution.
A rapid response vehicle and an ambulance attended the scene, as did police, who were called shortly after 8am.
A police spokesman said Suffolk Highways had been informed as there was a substantial amount of oil on the road.
You may also want to watch:
More to come as we get it.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood