Mystery traffic lights on busy Ipswich street cause rush hour chaos
- Credit: ARCHANT
Temporary traffic lights on a busy Ipswich road have caused traffic chaos during the Monday morning rush hour.
The lights, in Norwich Road, were in place this morning but there is confusion over why.
Gas company Cadent carried out work on the road, near to the junction with Springfield Lane, over the weekend - but this was due to finish on Sunday.
The traffic lights were set up again this morning, despite the works being finished - causing long delays on the road, which links junction 53 of the A14 with Ipswich town centre.
Suffolk Highways is now trying to clarify why the lights are there.
You may also want to watch:
Commuters experienced delays of more than 20 minutes this morning.
- 1 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 2 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 3 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 4 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 5 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 10 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park