Nostalgia: Best of the cuts form 1969
WELCOME to the latest instalment of our chronological look through the Star picture archives.
WE’RE racing through the 1960s in our chronological look through the Star picture archives.
Today we are remembering the year 1969 and hope that these pictures spark some happy memories.
Among the latest pictures we have a butchery competition at Ipswich Co-op butchery department in March of that year; the Suffolk Alsatian Club’s annual show in May; a Civic College hairdressing competition; and the Townswomen’s Guild’s 14th anniversary party.
If you recognise yourself or someone you know in the pictures, we’d love to hear from you.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any memories you wish to share with Ipswich Star readers, drop Sharon Clark a line at Photographic Memories, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN and we’ll feature your contributions at a later date.
If you would like to purchase a copy of one of these photographs click on the myphotos24 link top left
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths