Days Gone By: Youngsters march the prom in Felixstowe to mark St George’s Day 1996
- Credit: Archant
Were you among the many children who paraded along Felixstowe seafront to mark St George’s Day in 1996?
Multiple youth groups paraded Felixstowe seafront for the town’s annual St George’s Day parade in 1996.
The event, held on the promenade, was watched by plenty of onlookers as well as the friends and families of those involved.
Pictures taken on the day show the huge number of children that took part, including Brownies, Explorers, Beavers and Cubs, all of whom marched proudly along the sea front.
The Felixstowe Salvation Army band led the parade with flags and music.
St George’s Day in England remembers St George, England’s patron saint. The anniversary of his death, on April 23, is marked every year with countless events across the county and beyond.
Did you take part in the parade in Felixstowe or do you recognise anyone pictured in this gallery?
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 5 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 6 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 7 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 8 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring
- 9 Three-home development for former Thornbank care home
- 10 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
To share your memories with us, email our picture desk at firstname.lastname@example.org