Days Gone By: When the Royals visited Suffolk
- Credit: Ian Hulland
Over the years, many senior members of the Royal family have visited places in Suffolk, such as Lowestoft, Mildenhall and Ipswich.
Huge crowds were drawn to Lowestoft in 1985 when Queen Elizabeth II came to town with Prince Philip by her side, with people lining the pavements outside Woolworths.
RAF Mildenhall turned out in full force to see Prince Charles visit in 1982, just a year after his wedding to Lady Diana Spencer.
The Princess of Wales made her own appearance in Suffolk in 1986, attending the Suffolk Show in an open-top Land Rover.
Her son, Prince Harry, made the same trip to the showground many years later and was pictured at a meet and greet with some prize cows. He also entertained schoolchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils at Ipswich School met Prince Philip in the summer of 1973, with hundreds turning up to greet him in the sun.
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 10 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?