Nude stranger got into Ipswich woman’s bed, court hears
- Credit: Archant
A woman who stepped outside her Ipswich town centre flat to have a cigarette was confronted by a man wearing just a pair of boxer shorts who then walked into her flat and got into her bed, it has been alleged.
The terrified woman, whose 16-month-old baby was in the flat, ran to a neighbours to get help and when police arrived they allegedly found 26-year-old Kyle Girling naked in her bed in a sexually aroused state, Ipswich Crown Court was told.
Girling, formerly of Woodbridge Road, Ipswich has denied an offence of trespass with intent to commit a sexual offence on July 17 but has admitted an offence of being in breach of a sexual offences prevention order.
Lindsay Cox, prosecuting, told the court that in 2011 Girling admitted an offence of trespass with intent to commit a sexual offence and sexually assaulting a woman.
On that occasion he was made the subject of a sexual offences prevention order banning him from being under the influence of alcohol and from entering any residential premises without permission.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cox told the court the victim of the current offence lived in a ground floor flat and on July 17 was shocked to see a man dressed only in boxer shorts standing in a locked passageway outside the premises.
“She quickly became extremely uneasy,” said Mr Cox.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 8 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
The man, who appeared to have been drinking, mumbled something and then asked her why she was scared. He then walked towards the open front door of the flat, ignoring the woman’s requests for him to leave.
As he walked into her flat the woman ran to get help from a friend who lived nearby.
On her return she grabbed her phone from inside the flat and called 999 while her friend removed her baby, said Mr Cox.
It was heard that when the police arrived they found Girling naked in the woman’s bed in a sexually aroused state.
Mr Cox said that after his arrest Girling made it clear he wasn’t going to be interviewed about the incident.
The trial continues today.