Officers step up search for Luke
OFFICERS investigating the disappearance of missing teenager Luke Durbin are planning another search for the youngster, it emerged today.Police could not give any specific details of the operation and could not say when it would take place but said the proposed search proved they were not giving up in their quest to finding the missing 19-year-old.
OFFICERS investigating the disappearance of missing teenager Luke Durbin are planning another search for the youngster, it emerged today.
Police could not give any specific details of the operation and could not say when it would take place but said the proposed search proved they were not giving up in their quest to finding the missing 19-year-old.
Luke disappeared more than three months ago after a night out with friends in Ipswich.
He is thought to have made efforts to return to his home in Hollesley but has not been seen since CCTV picked him up near the Cattlemarket bus station at 4am on Friday, May 12.
Acting Detective Inspector Ian Addison said police had been routinely checking Luke's bank account and had checked with the Passport Agency that he had not applied for an emergency passport.
However, police are no closer to finding Luke and are still urging the public to get in touch with any information about his whereabouts, no matter how insignificant it may seem.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 5 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 8 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 9 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 10 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
DI Addison said: “It is perplexing. We have a job to do and will carry on doing it and remain optimistic.
“There have been few times when we have dealt with something where there is so little to go on.”
The officer praised the strength of Luke's mum Nicki and said she was coping “remarkably well” under the circumstances.
She, along with Luke's friends and family will walk his last known route this Thursday, releasing 98 balloons at the place of the last sighting - one to mark each day of his disappearance.
He said Mrs Durbin's Summer Holiday Find Luke Campaign had resulted in some calls to police and an appeal on GMTV had led to a possible sighting in Yeovil, although it proved not to be Luke. There has also been reported sightings of the teenager in London.
DI Addison added: “We haven't been able to determine these one way or another because unless it is someone who knows him who sees him we can't be 100 per cent certain. We are following everything up.”
Anyone with information about Luke's disappearance should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or the National Missing Persons Helpline on 0500 700 700.
Do you have a message for Luke's family? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.